I was lucky enough to catch up with a friend of mine, Matej Valtr, and talk to him about his creative process and how he came to be a filmmaker and photographer.
Matej is a Czech filmmaker and fine art photographer who is now working in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Check out the official music video for the American band Metropolis America, filmed and directed by Matej:
In his very thick Czech accent, Matej shared with me how he captures stories with his lens.
Listen below and let yourself being guided through the mind of a Czech artist on these topics and more:
- How he got started as a film maker
- How to find inspiration in the everyday
- When to listen to criticism
- The importance of taking action
- How to build a dream team to see your idea through
- The role of editing and what editing software to use
- The key to success: working on short projects before going for a big feature film
- How to manage multiple projects
Listen to the next episode – Lisa Janes on What Galleries Look For in an Artist
Listen to the previous episode – Romeo Shagba on How to Find Your Style as an Artist
We also a mention a few things about various editing software and cameras to use during the interview that you might want to check out. Here they are:
– Software to use for video editing. Note: this is professional software that is not free
– Software to use for video editing and visual effects. Note: this is professional software that is not free
– Software for music production. Note: this is professional software that is not free
Canon EOS 550D
– Semi-pro camera that’s good to shoot photos with especially when you’re traveling
Canon EOS 5D
– Pro camera that’s good for full-frame shots
You can check out more of Matej’s films and photos here: http://matevaltr.com/